Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Welcome

Professional Reader
Hello, Hi, and Welcome

     I am Jill and have been thinking about starting a book blog for awhile now and just getting up the guts to do it. Why? Well like everyone else who starts a blog like this I love to read. I always have for as long as I can remember.  I am 36 so that is about three decades.
     So why do I like to read? Reading has always been an escape for me, escape from real life, a distraction. It was another world I could escape and travel too. In fact it wasn't just one world but many. They were all different and told different stories. I was a different character in each. I was able to imagine or it was almost like dreaming except I was awake reading each line of a book. My mind opened up expanded imagining a book coming to life. Reading has power, reading has knowledge. With every page I turn my mind is open it breathes the page in like a breath of fresh air. It consumes all in its path. There is so much I have learned and so much I still have to learn. Reading never ends, there will always be a book that I want to read. Just like it is impossible to know everything in the world it is impossible to read everything there is to read. I have learned so much but yet I have learned so little. As I have read and read my understanding of the world, my thoughts, opinions, beliefs have been questioned and have changed. I have expanded my views, learned new perspectives and created as many questions left still to be answered. Reading is a journey it takes you on many paths. So many words, each has its own power, as they are written one at a time on a page bringing them to life. Creating new worlds, stories, people and emotions. I laugh I cry I get angry and I get scared, I can read to inspire and create emotions and also to stop them.  Reading is so many things what is it to you?
     What do I like to read? Almost everything. It might be easier to answer this question in reverse, what don't I like to read? I am not too much into romance you will not see anything of Danielle Steel here, nor will you see Steven King or Agatha Christie or the like.
     What will I try to accomplish with this blog? I will try to give fair, honest, and genuine reviews based on books that I have read. I will share my experiences and encourage you to do the same. I hate spoilers so I will do my best not to give much aways and to allow you to create your own path. I welcome respectful discussion on anything that is posted here.

Until the next journey! Just keep on reading and keep turning the page!

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment