Thursday, November 19, 2015

Why Start a Book Review Blog?

Professional Reader   Hi guys,

     So why am I starting this blog? Good question! Again like everyone else who has a book blog I love to read. Reading is universal. Novels, literature, and the authors who write them are very essential to human society. Books are a way of life, they are a descriptions, and observations made by human beings. Every book is part of our past, present, and future. They document life, and are proof of life. Every book blog out there is a document of life. Every book out there is a collective way of expressing our innermost thoughts, feelings, beliefs, ideas, and opinions. And with all the books I have read and will read, I believe it is past due time that I give them due credit. Each book is a book of art, and should be shared, expressed, and discussed about. There are good parts to every book, but yet there are no books that are 100% inherently bad. Yes, some are worse than others but that is merely a matter of opinion. I am sure I will write about plenty of books that I liked and thought were good, that you disagree with. The words good and bad are the wrong words to use, because try to define them, you can't. Everyone would have a different answer to what is good and what is bad.
    It is not my goal here of starting a blog to tell you what you should read or shouldn't read. Those are your choices and your decisions. I merely want to express, share, my thoughts and opinions, to pass information on to everyone who reads this. I aim to try to do a fair and honest job of giving each book credit.
     My fears in starting this blog is one that I will not do a good job. See there is that word good again. I was never a good writer but then again it is not my goal to be a good writer, it is my goal to share and express my thoughts and feelings on reading and the books I read. And one last fear as silly as it might sound is time. Will writing a blog take precious time away from reading? I don't know, but hey I will never know if I don't try.
   My only intended persuasion in my blog is to get people to keep turning the pages, to get up and read. Everyone should make reading a part of their lives, it is enriching, it is learning, it is knowledge, as they say ignorance is from not knowing. Everyone has a story and every with every story there are always something new we can learn. And the more we know (generally speaking) the less ignorant we are. And I am not saying that everyone needs to read this book or read x amount of books per year. I am just saying to try to put more effort in trying to read more than you usually do, even if it is only one page. Reading is sort of like meditating, it allows you to be aware and present in the moment with each word you read.
    Until the next page...

Jill
   

No comments:

Post a Comment